Why book with us?
- We are a Boutique travel company based in New Zealand and Australia.
- Our multicultural team of experienced Travel Consultants makes direct contact with you.
- We create tailor-made itineraries for a unique experience.
- Our quotes are detailed and our prices competitive.
- We assist you during your trip if you need it.
- We love chocolate, French cheese and a good laugh 🙂
- Antipodes Travel is a registered New Zealand business (n° 1568835). Our address is Capitol Building, 67 Princes St, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand.
- Antipodes Travel was founded in 2004 in Dunedin and also has an office in Australia.
- Antipodes Travel has been awarded a Qualmark Silver Sustainable Tourism Business Award by Tourism Industry Aotearoa (www.qualmark.co.nz). As such, we follow their code of conduct and ethics..
- Antipodes Travel holds concessions from the Department of Conservation (www.doc.govt.nz) that give our guides the authority to lead groups on hiking tracks and protected terrain. These concessions are obligatory in New Zealand in order to accompany clients.
- The agency holds a transport licence to hire vehicles for group tours.
- We are qualified by Tourism Australia as Aussie Specialists.
- Antipodes Travel has public liability insurance (details on request).
The price indicated in your quotation is established based on pricing received by suppliers. These prices are subject to change in case of lack of availability of a product or service, and in the case of a change by suppliers. Antipodes Travel and its partners will provide a similar product or service in its place.
Our prices include our operating costs: evaluation of your request, advice, quotation, reservations, preparation of your travel documents and information. This is why, for self-drive itineraries including transport, accommodation and other services, our quotations are presented as a full package with a total price, and not itemized. Antipodes Travel reserves the right to provide or not provide a detailed rundown of the quotation, on a case by case basis.
Our prices do not include the following: issuing of passports and/or visas, airport taxes, departure taxes, drinks, gratuities, exceptional spending resulting from unforeseen events (strikes, bad weather etc), insurance (except those mentioned in the quotation), a change in the GST rate or introduction of a new government tax (such as diesel tax).
If Antipodes Travel is unable to supply services that have been accepted in the quotation, we will do our level best to suggest similar services as a replacement.
If the client wishes to modify the trip following acceptance of their quotation, Antipodes Travel will do their best to take these changes into account. In the case where penalties are applied by our suppliers, we will be obligated to pass these on to the client.
Our prices are published and invoiced in New Zealand dollars (NZD), in Australian Dollars (AUD), and in Euros (EUR), depending on the destination. As an indication of pricing, you can consult www.xe.com for conversion into your currency. We cannot be held responsible for any variations in the exchange rate.
You can pay in the following ways:
– By bank transfer to the Antipodes Travel Ltd account. Transfer fees are at your own cost, the total amount must arrive in our account in full.
– By Visa, Mastercard or American Express, via our secure payment interface on our website.
For payment by Visa or Mastercard, there is a 2.5% surcharge. For payment by American Express, there is 3% surcharge.
Upon receiving the balance of your payment, we will send you your travel documents (vouchers) via email, as well as practical information to help you prepare for your trip.
COVID 19 conditions – Book with no obligation!
Should any of our suppliers apply cancellation fees, they will be indicated in our quote and will be charged.
***** The deposit and cancellation policies below apply post Covid19 ******
The payment of your deposit confirms acceptance of our conditions of sale.
Once the quotation is accepted, we ask for a 20% deposit of the quotation + the total cost of any domestic or international flights, for all inscriptions made more than 30 days before the date of arrival.
The balance is to be paid 30 days before the date of arrival.
For any booking less than 30 days before the date of arrival, the total amount of the trip is payable upon confirmation.
There are no additional fees for late reservation. Antipodes Travel will do its best to reply to your request as quickly as possible.
Antipodes Travel reserves the right to cancel any reserved services if we do not receive payment of the balance at least 30 days before your arrival.
- In the case of cancellation by the client more than 30 days before arrival, Antipodes Travel will invoice 10% of the total cost of the trip, with a minimum charge of $250
- In the case of cancellation between 30 and 15 days before arrival, Antipodes Travel will invoice 50% of the total cost of the trip with a minimum charge of $250
- In the case of cancellation between 14 and 8 days before arrival, Antipodes Travel will invoice 75% of the total cost of the trip
- In the case of cancellation within 7 days of arrival, Antipodes Travel will invoice 100% of the total cost of the trip
When a number of clients are enrolled on the same trip (not including our guided tours), and where one client cancels their trip, the total amount of the trip will be readjusted and spread across the remaining participants.
- If you have paid by credit card via our secure payment postal, your card will be refunded on the condition that your card is still valid at the moment of the refund. Otherwise we will have to refund you via bank transfer, in which case any fees are your responsibility.
- If you have paid by bank transfer, we will refund you by bank transfer. Any associated fees are your responsibility.
- In the case of a refund by bank transfer following the cancellation of a service for reasons that are outside of our control (cancellation by a provider due to bad weather, for example), any associated transfer fees remain your responsibility.
- In the case of cancellation where you are able to shift this trip to dates within the next 12 months, your 20% deposit will be transferred (any non-refundable fees will be deducted from this amount, such as domestic flights paid in their entirety upon reservation, or certain deposits already paid to suppliers).
- Cancellations or changes must be received by our agency during the opening times and days of our agency in New Zealand (Monday to Friday, from 8am to 5.30pm). Be aware of bank holidays and time differences.
- Administrative costs and plane tickets that you have confirmed via our services are non-refundable once the deposit has been paid.
- The cancellation conditions are different for campervans and for certain special events such as concerts, sporting events, galas, New Year events, and cruises. These conditions will be specified in your quotation.
- In the event that services booked via Antipodes Travel are cancelled by the supplier (generally due to bad weather), and you cannot shift this to another day, we will refund the amount of the activity upon presentation of written proof of cancellation by the provider.
- Once you have started your trip booked with us, if you wish to cancel activities or services that you have reserved via our agency, certain fees can apply depending on the providers. Please contact us to find out about their cancellation policies.
Cancellation, baggage, and repatriation insurance are not included in our pricing. We strongly advise that, upon confirmation with our agency, you subscribe to an additional insurance that covers the risks of cancellation, loss of baggage, repatriation, hospital, and medical fees.
Refunds and claims
Any unused service or interruption to your trip due to the traveler will not be eligible for any refund. No refund can be claimed if the client cannot present the necessary identifying documents (ie. Passport) or visas necessary for entering the country. Antipodes Travel cannot be held responsible for transport delays that lead to the non-utilisation of services.
Any potential claims must be received by the agency in the 21 days following the client’s return, by email or mail, with written proof. We will be unable to consider any claims received more than 21 days following the return of the client. In the case of a legal dispute, the case will be submitted and governed as per New Zealand laws and under New Zealand jurisdiction.
Driving in NZ and Australia
If you do not possess a New Zealand driver’s license, you can use your overseas or international driver’s license for up to 12 months in New Zealand if it is issued in English. If your licence is not in English you must carry, in addition to your original driver’s licence, an international driving permit or an English translation of the licence issued by an NZTA authorised translator. The client is responsible for acquiring the necessary documentation before the beginning of their trip.